Ben is a Head of Design at Hassell, championing research-based process and constantly pushing for the highest quality design outcomes. In any of the Hassell studio’s, you can often find him at the centre of a lively design review, challenging everyone to look beyond the obvious to get a richer, more memorable answer.
Ben has led international design competitions for projects such as Adelaide Contemporary as well as major developments like the Melbourne Arts Precinct Transformation.
Ben has led projects including:
- 81 Victoria Parade, Melbourne, Australia
- Abbotsford Convent Master Plan, Melbourne, Australia
- Melbourne Arts Precinct, Melbourne, Australia
- Tennis HQ, Melbourne, Australia.
Before joining Hassell Ben worked at international practice Herzog & de Meuron on world-renowned projects including:
- Tate Modern, London, UK
- Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford, UK
- 2012 Serpentine Gallery Pavilion.
Recognised in the industry as an eloquent advocate for the problem-solving powers of design, Ben is a member of design panels and design juries.
Reviewed 01 April 2022