- Architecture, Urban design
Bridget has over 20 years’ experience in urban design and architecture. She has worked on major public domain and infrastructure projects in Australia and the USA.
Bridget is the design director for the City of Sydney.
Prior to 2001 she was:
- design director for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games and led the Public Domain, architecture, landscape architecture and public art programs
- senior urban designer on the Central Artery Tunnel Project (the 'Big Dig"), a major urban regeneration and transportation project (US$14.5 billion) in Boston, Massachusetts USA
- in private practice in Melbourne
Bridget holds a:
- Master’s degree in design (Urban Design) from the Graduate School of Design, Harvard University
- Bachelor of architecture (Hons) and a Bachelor of planning and design from the University of Melbourne
Bridget is the recipient of many awards including:
- the 2016 NSW Australian Institute of Architects (AIA) President's Prize
- the 2014 Marion Mahoney Griffin Award
- the 2001 NSW Max Kelly Government Architecture Award (Venice Fellowship)
- the 1999 National Women in Construction Lend Lease Women in Development
- the 2000 Innovation Award
- is an ambassador, Australian Institute of Architecture Venice Biennale
- a member of the Faculty of the Built Environment Dean's Advisory Board, University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- an adjunct professor, UNSW and University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
She was the vice chair of Object Gallery - Australia's Centre for Design and Craft (2004 - 2010).
Reviewed 14 April 2020