Deborah has over 35 years of international experience in architecture, urban design, strategic land use planning, heritage conservation, affordable housing and property development.
She was founding director of the NSW Urban Design Advisory Service which, came to be highly regarded as a leading authority on urban design.
She has since held senior executive roles with:
- the NSW Department of Planning
- the Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority
She is currently:
- a district commissioner of the Greater Sydney Commission
- president of the Architects Registration Board of NSW
- member of Sydney University's Henry Halloran Trust
She has held board positions with:
- City West Housing
- Livable Housing Australia
- Sydney Harbour Federation Trust
- NSW Heritage Council
She was president of the NSW Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects from 2005 - 2009.
Deborah has received many awards, including:
- Life Fellow of the Australian Institute of Architects for service to architecture and urban design
- NAWIC Ryder Hunt Award for leadership in the Construction and Development Industry
- Henry Davis York Prize for Environmental Law
Reviewed 16 April 2020