There is a new planning provision in the Maribyrnong Planning Scheme. This provision facilitates the streamlined delivery of high quality apartment development. It has the potential to cut the time frame of a typical planning approval process in half.
We call it 'Future Homes' – a pilot project to lift the quality of apartment design in Victoria. Developers can choose between 4 exemplar designs and adapt these to different sites.
These designs ensure residential amenity through the provision of:
- plenty of access to natural light
- 100% effective natural ventilation
- improved accessibility features that exceed current standards
- excellent environmental performance
- generous and high quality communal and private open space
- facilities that support sustainable and active transport.
'Future Homes' is a joint project between the Office of the Victorian Government Architect (OVGA), Department of Environment Land Water and Planning (DELWP), and the City of Maribyrnong.
Reviewed 05 July 2023