Nigel is a director of NMBW Architecture Studio. He is also a practice professor of architecture in the Faculty of Art Design & Architecture at Monash University.
He is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Architects.
Nigel established NMBW Architecture Studio with Marika Neustupny and Lucinda McLean in 1997. Their architectural work has been widely published and awarded across categories including:
- single and multiple residential design
- small public works
- adaptive re-use of existing buildings
- peripheral urban design strategies
In 2010 Nigel completed his PhD through architectural project at RMIT University, where he taught for 11 years and was co-director of the Urban Architecture Laboratory research unit.
- been an invited jury member for many professional and academic architectural design awards
- served on the Victorian Institute of Architects Awards Task Force Committee
- served on the Victorian Institute of Architects Education Committee
- been a member of the Sullivans Cove Design Panel (advising the Tasmanian Government on urban design, planning and architectural matters within the sensitive Sullivans Cove precinct of central Hobart)
Reviewed 20 April 2020