Phil has over 40 years experience in the provision of engineering consultancy for all types of buildings and structures. As managing director of Irwin Consult for 17 years his experience includes:
- low, medium and high-rise commercial and residential buildings
- large clear span and high bay industrial developments
- educational, sporting and healthcare facilities
- maritime and other civil engineering structures
Phil has successfully provided services for projects including:
- award winning architectural buildings
- mass produced precast structures
- design and construct
- PPP developments
Phil's project base ranges from the small bespoke installations to very large private and public developments. This includes exploration of new typologies (modular) and materials (timber).
He has provided guest lectures and studio support to the architecture faculties at University of Melbourne and RMIT. He is currently on the board of CTBUH (Australia).
Reviewed 05 July 2023