His skills include:
- master planning
- campus planning and educational architecture
- design of mixed-use
- inclusive community activity nodes
- affordable housing
- sustainable transport
- sustainable architecture.
Most recently he has led the master plans for:
- Monash University Caulfield and Clayton campuses
- UNSW Sydney and Canberra Campuses
- Urban Design Framework Central Geelong.
His built projects are known for their innovation, relevance to contemporary issues and community focus.
In 1999, he was awarded Life Fellow from the Australian Institute of Architects and in 2010 a VPELA fellowship.
He has had major design commentary and coordination roles including:
- chair of Sullivan's Cove Hobart Design Advisory Panel
- board member responsible for the Property Portfolio for Housing Choices Australia
- university architect for Monash University
- campus and property committee for ANU.
Rob is a former:
- member of the Priority Development Panel
- chair of the ARBV
- chapter and national councillor of the Australian Institute of Architects.
He has acted as an expert witness at VCAT and provided urban design and expert advice to the planning minister, government agencies and local government.
Reviewed 01 April 2022