His skills include:
- master planning
- design of mixed-use
- inclusive community activity nodes
- affordable housing
- sustainable transport
- sustainable architecture
Most recently he has led the master plans for:
- Monash University Caulfield and Clayton campuses
- the Urban Design Framework University of Tasmania
His built projects are known for their innovation, relevance to contemporary issues and community focus.
In 1999, he was awarded Life Fellow from the Australian Institute of Architects and in 2010 a VPELA fellowship.
He has had major design commentary and coordination roles including:
- chair of Sullivan's Cove Hobart Design Advisory Panel
- board member responsible for the Property Portfolio for Housing Choices Australia
- university architect for Monash University
Rob is a former:
- member of the Priority Development Panel
- chair of the ARBV
- chapter and national councillor of the Australian Institute of Architects
He has acted as an expert witness at VCAT and provided urban design and expert advice to the planning minister, government agencies and local government.
Reviewed 14 April 2020