Before joining the public sector, Sophie started out in architectural practice. She is a respected collaborator, advocate and adviser on architecture and urban design. Her involvements include:
- selection and evaluation panels
- competition juries
- formal design review and urban design advisory panel processes
- architectural and urban design critiques at university level.
Sophie maintains close links with industry and universities. Roles and memberships include:
- RMIT Campus Design Development Committee (2014 – present)
- RMIT Program Advisory Committee, Master of Urban Design (2016 - 2019)
- RMIT Program Advisory Committee, Master of Architecture (2016 – 2019)
Beyond her core role, Sophie's interest lies in building design knowledge and capability. Sophie promotes the value of good design for its ability to enhance people’s experience of place.
Reviewed 21 April 2020