Tony is a registered architect and Fellow of the Australian Institute of Architects (AIA).
Tony's experience includes:
- working in the area of community development in Papua New Guinea
- 10 years in the design of large commercial, residential, institutional and urban design projects for North America, the Middle East, and South-East Asia
Tony formed a partnership (Reed Mussen Styant-Browne Pty Ltd) in 1984 where he was responsible for the planning and design of educational, residential, commercial, institutional and urban design projects. In 1990 he formed Anthony Styant-Browne Architect and merged with James Staughton to form Workshop Architecture in mid-2008.
He has taught architectural design at the:
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- University of California
- Cal Poly Pomona
- Tulane University (Louisiana)
- University of Melbourne
At RMIT he has taught in the graduate program in urban design as well as undergraduate architectural design.
He writes for professional journals and the popular press and participates in the public discourse on architectural and urban design in the city.
Tony completed a:
- Bachelor of Architecture at the University of Melbourne
- Master of Architecture at the University of California, Los Angeles
Reviewed 16 April 2020