The OVGA’s Victorian Design Review Panel (VDRP) comprises experts in architecture, urban design, landscape architecture and planning, and specialists in sustainability, accessibility, health, place making, heritage and art. These include:
- Directors, Principals
- Professors, Adjunct Professors
- Gold Medallists, Life Fellows, Fellows of the Australian Institute of Architects
- Members, Order of Australia
Design review is held for significant projects and helps identify challenges, risks and opportunities. It is constructive and aims to assist with the practical improvement of projects. For some complex ongoing projects a design quality team (DQT) may be convened to provide continuity of panel members.
The benefits of design review:
- independent expert peer review
- improved design outcomes
- testing of ideas and options with experienced, multi‑disciplinary experts
- expedited decisions
- confidence to stakeholders and decision-makers.
Reviewed 04 July 2023